1. Research Administration Committee
Oversees the activities of each Research Specialty Section, each Research & Investigation Committee, and each Special Research Committee, and coordinates their mutual cooperation, and facilitates study activities in general.
1.1.Research Specialty Section
- a)Opto-electronic Materials and Devices Study Specialty Section
Chairman: Norihiko Kamata(Saitama university)
Covers fields related to materials, and devices related to light, such as materials for displays, devices, light sources, and so on.
- b) Light Source and Related Systems Study Specialty Section
Chairman: Haruo Itoh(Chiba Institute of Technology)
Covers light sources, lighting circuits, luminaires, and systems composed of these.
- c) Radiation and Related Radiometry Study Specialty Section
Chairman: Tamaki Yaji(Saitama university)
Covers appliance technology for comfortable lighted environments and the various effects of light in regard to visual performance and areas other than visual perception. Also covers appliance technology regarding light radiation as energy, and fields related to quantitative evaluation and measurement technology.
- d) Lighting Environment Study Specialty Section
Chairman: Tetsuo Yamaya(Nihon university)
Covers the physical characteristics of illuminated space,the basics of illumination, technology and its systems to create illuminated environments, illumination as one of the elements composing a social system, and fields concerning the evaluation of the illuminated environment. Handles a wide range of areas not covered by the other specialty Section.
- e) Visual Perception Study Specialty Section
Chairman: Katsunori Okajima(Yokohama National university)
Covers mechanisms and properties of the visual system, the physiology and psychology of visual perception, color, visual information, equipment to assist visual perception, and other related fields.
1.2.Research and Investigation Committee
It studies topics of contemporary interest and announces the results to public in the journal of the Institute or other publications.
1.3.Special Research Committee
It studies the projects assigned by various groups other than the Institute and thus widely contributes to society.
1.4.Annual Conference Comittee
The IEI-J holds the IEI-J Annual Conference, the Joint Conference of Institutes Related to Electricity and Information, Branch Conferences, the International Symposium, special lectures, open forums, and so on.
- a)IEI-J Annual Conference
- The IEI-J Annual Conference is held once a year in principle to present papers by members and to hold symposiums, special lectures, social gatherings, and so on.
- b) Branch Conferences
- Branch Conferences are held by each branch as joint conferences with branches of the four other institutes related to electricity and information (the institutes of electricity, electronic information communication, television and information processing).
- c) International Symposium
- The International Symposium is planned and held on specific subjects relevant to contemporary issues in order to promote the international standing of the Institute and its members.
- d) Joint Conference of Institutes Related to Electricity and Information
- The Joint Conference of Institutes Related to Electricity and Information is held once a year, where famous lecturers are invited to give presentations on a specific, contemporary, unifying theme. Also,academic conferences and symposiums are held in conjunction with the Conference.