8th Lux Pacifica, 2018
[venue]Tokai University,Takanawa Campus,Tokyo,Japan
I invite you to attend the 8th Lux Pacifica that will take place March 6-8, 2018. The Illuminating Engineering Institute of Japan will host this 3-day international congress at Tokai University, Takanawa Campus in downtown Tokyo. Lighting scientists, engineers, and designers will gather to share knowledge and participate in technical talks and lectures by distinguished researchers. The campus is conveniently located for participants to enjoy sightseeing in greater Tokyo as well as to Mt Fuji, Hakone, and Kusatsu. It is also easily accessible from Haneda International Airport and Tokyo’s major train stations.
Since 1989, the Lux Pacifica Congress has helped to shape the history of lighting science and engineering in Pacific Rim countries. The Lux Pacifica 2018 will provide participants with the opportunity to demonstrate scientific and technological progress in this region and raise public awareness about lighting.
See you in Tokyo!
Motoharu Takao, PhD
Chairperson of the Lux Pacifica 2018 organizing committee
Tokai University Takanawa Campus, Tokyo Japan
The venue is convenient for those arriving from Haneda International Airport as well as from JR Tokyo Station (30min).
Tue March 6 –Thu March 8, 2018
Registration has been already closed!
Cash payment is accepted onsite.(25,000 Japanese yen)
Program book can be downloaded from the link below. A printed version will be distributed at registration counter. Change of date and presentation style is not negotibable.
Special lectures (Titles will be announced):
- Prof. Hirotaka Suzuki (Kobe University, Japan)
- Prof. Warren Julian (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Prof. Brian Funt(Simon Fraser University, Canada)
- Prof. Sérgio Nascimento (University of Minho, Portugal)
- Prof. Hirohisa Yaguchi (Chiba University, Japan)
- Ms. Chinami Emi Michaels (SciStories, MA)
- Prof. Tsung-Hsun Yang (National Central University, Taiwan)
- Prof. Li-Chen Ou (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan)
- Prof. Youngshin Kwak (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea)
A special symposium titled “Circadian Lighting: an Overview from Biology, Architecture, and Industry”will be held on the first day. This symposium is financially supported by the Suzuki Foundation.
- Prof. Toshie Iwata (Tokai University, Japan) as a Facilitator
- Prof. Motoharu Takao (Tokai University, Japan) “Current advancement in biological studies on circadian photoreception”
- Dr. Yumi Fukuda (Fukuoka Women’s University, Japan) “A novel illumination system and its research application to human circadian rhythms”
- Dr. Yasuko Koga (Kyushu University, Japan) “Designing Circadian Luminous Environment - From buildings to vehicles”
- Dr. Hiroki Noguchi (Panasonic inc., Japan) “Expectations and Challenges in Circadian Lighting Application”
Student’s outstanding paper award:
The Lux Pacifica 2018 committe will issue the student’s outstanding paper awards to some students who will write excellent papers and give good presentation at Lux Pacifica 2018 ! They encourage students to be enrolled into the conference. The reviewing committee will decide the awardees.
Special issue for the 8th Lux Pacifica in an international lighting journal:
The Japanese Lighting Society (IEIJ) plans to publish a special issue for Lux Pacifica 2018 in Journal of Science and Technology in Lighting, an international journal issued by Japanese lighting society (IEIJ). This journal was formerly known as Journal of Light & Visual Environment. For many years, this journal has contributed greatly to lighting research communities. Several years later, this journal starts to be rated as Impact Factor. The delegates are encouraged to submit their manuscripts to the journal. After all the submitted manuscripts are peer-reviewed, their publication will be decided by editors. Submission and publishing fees are waived for delegates. Please submit your manuscript to the editorial office after the conference.
Important but Tentative dates:
Deadline of full paper submission till Dec. 15, 2017.
Submission forms will be sent by e-mail, after reviewing an abstract.
Submission of full paper is optional.
See further up-to-date information on Facebook: The 8th Lux Pacifica in 2018: Life and Lighting
(Important information will be announced on this Facebook page first.)
If you have any questions, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Institute of Japan.
Venue and administration courtesy of Tokai University.
Please click the icon and check your hotel.
Pre and post tourism:
Please click the icon and find interesting places to visit.
Other interesting event:
LED NEXT STAGE, the Japanese biggest lighting show in 2018, is scheduled to be held in the same week of Lux Pacifica 2018 in Tokyo. Both venues are close to each other. The Lux Pacifica committee plans to prepare the tickets for the delegates.
Title: LED NEXT STAGE
Date: March 6(Tue)-9(Firi), 2018 10:00-17:00 (16:30 on the last day)
Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (Japanese Biggest International Exhibition Center)
Please check the web site of this lighting show: